Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Notification of issue affecting graded assignments in Canvas

Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee

Hello - We want to let you know about an issue affecting graded assignments in Canvas.

What is the issue?

Some quizzes embedded as assignments in Canvas will fail to report grades back to the LMS. This is because unenrolled users are not being presented with an option to specify whether the assignment is based on quiz grading or percent viewed grading.

Which versions of Panopto are affected?

Panopto Cloud

How do I tell if this affects me?

This affects any video containing a quiz that is embedded into Canvas as an assignment by a user who is not enrolled in a course (e.g. admins, teaching assistants, and other non-instructor roles).

How do I mitigate the issue?

There is no mitigation available at this time.

When will this be resolved?

We tentatively expect to prevent these failures in all environments by November 3rd. We are still investigating our options for populating Canvas with the grades that fail to populate as a result of this error.

For any questions, please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com.

Best Answer

• Options
    Bill WolfBill Wolf Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

This incident has been resolved in all Panopto Cloud environments with our latest update

Any impacted assignments will need to be re-embedded in order for new grades to be sent to the Canvas gradebook. Any quiz grades that were previously not sent as a result of this issue will need to be manually entered into the gradebook or re-attempted after the assignment has been re-embedded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Please contact Panopto Support online at support.panopto.com if you require further assistance.