Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Link to chapters in videos

I posted this question in an old thread ( https://community.panopto.com/discussion/1243/make-chapters-anchored-and-linkable#latest ), and nobody answered, so I'll try posting here also. Basically, I'm wondering if there is a way to make a link to just a portion of a video? I have learned that it is possible to make a link with a specific start time (see the link above), but is it possible to add an end time as well? The "&start=x" works fine, so I tried typing "&start=x&end=y", but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options

Hi @Eric Kama Steinberg,

At this time, there isn't a way to make a link to a portion of the video. As you mentioned, you can create a link with a designated start time but cannot designate an end time. It's worth noting that, in that case, a user could still click back to the beginning of the video.

In terms of a workaround, you could make a full copy of the video and then cut that video to the portion you want Viewers to watch. Learn more in How to Copy and Move Videos.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait