Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Service update 2020-02-27
Service update 2020-02-27
- Fixed an issue where "Automatic Machine Captions" was listed on the System -> Caption Services page, even when the ASR feature was disabled for the site.
- Fixed an issue where the “Reset Course” button on Blackboard building block did not work for creators (instructors).
- Improved the performance of the video list pages.
- Improved the performance of the system usage page.
- When the last publisher is removed from a folder that requires approval for video availability, the user will now be prompted if approval is turned off for the folder.
- Fixed an issue where a session can appear more than once in the "Join Session" drop-down in the recorder clients.
- Fixes an issue where a scheduled recording incorrectly used the lowest possible quality settings in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where default thumbnails were being incorrectly displayed in the thumbnail strip in the viewer.
- Fixed an issue where a small percentage of webcast-related requests would retrieve stale data about the video stream.
- Fixed an issue in Panopto Capture recordings where video processing could fail if an application capture was resized during recording.
- Fixed an issue in the podcast encode where slides could show up in an incorrect order when multiple primaries are involved.
- Fixed an issue where, in multi-secondary sessions, the wrong secondary video could have been chosen for podcast encodes.
- Fixed an issue where the admin account was added as a creator for folders to store imported Zoom videos for non-Panopto users.
- Fixed an issue where all meetings were imported when "Enable Zoom recording imports for all users" was turned off and no user group was specified.
- Fixed an issue where graders saw the embedded video player instead of the interactive player when grading videos were submitted via Blackboard student submission integration.
- Fixed an issue where Identity Provider setting "Sync permissions for this provider on Sign-In from other providers" was not working correctly for Blackboard Ultra courses when a user signs in for Blackboard classic SSO.
- Fixed an issue where Panopto link did not show up in D2L course templates.
- Fixed an issue where Panopto videos embedded into another HTML page may have been inaccessible on Safari browser with its default privacy settings.
- Fixed an issue where signing in to Panopto for embedded video might fail on Internet Explorer 11.
- Fixed an issue where Panopto quiz grade book integration for LMS assignment items may have sent a wrong result in very rare conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the API Clients list was not sorted.
- Fixed an issue in Panopto Capture where, in some cases, video encoding was unsuccessful when there was no audio. Note: Panopto Capture is currently in beta and only available to site administrators.
- Fixed an issue in Panopto Capture where audio is distorted in some situations. Note: Panopto Capture is currently in beta and only available to site administrators.
- Fixed an issue where scheduled recording time updates were not reflected in VCMS search.
- Fixed an issue in the embed video player where full screen mode was not available when using Chrome or Firefox on iOS. Note: The full screen mode on iOS uses the native video player, which means the Panopto interactive features like table of contents, search, discussions and notes are not available.
- Fixed an issue where the existing description text was lost when a user tried to edit the description within the editor.
- Fixed an issue where the 'edit & delete' menu for cuts was off-screen in some situations.