Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Scheduled recording bulk endpoints

Gareth WalkerGareth Walker Crackerjack

I have noticed that the REST API spec now includes several endpoints for bulk scheduling of sessions — however, it's not clear to me from the documentation there how someone can submit a collection of sessions for scheduling, or get/use the {id} that is referenced in most of the bulk endpoints.

Is it possible to point me to some docs or more information about how these endpoints can be used? (And are they intended for institutions to use?)

Tagged:

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Gareth,

We will be coming out with new endpoints for our Public REST API in the future, but unfortunately, they are not ready for use yet. It appears that the new endpoints accidentally slipped into our public REST API documentation while we are still developing the feature. I apologize for any confusion that this has caused, and we will work to see if we can remove them until the new API endpoints are fully ready for use.

Once we have completed the endpoints, these will be available and intended for institutions to use to allow bulk scheduling of sessions using Panopto's Public REST API, and without needing to use Panopto's separate SchedulingTool. In addition, we will have additional documentation if needed on how to use the new endpoints.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Thanks Kevin. From the perspective that we're currently in the process of redeveloping our lecture-capture integration from SOAP to REST, I guess my follow-up question would be the anticipated window for delivering this new functionality in the REST api.

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Gareth,

Unfortunately, I don't currently have an anticipated date or window when this will be released, but it is under active development and we will ship it as soon as it's complete.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin