Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Please allow to opt-out from Panopto recorder update during signin process (SSO)

Please allow to opt-out from Panopto recorder update during signin process (SSO) as pressing "cancel" button fails the entire authentication process and users with older Panopto recorder versions are not able to singin to record or upload the videos directly from the recorder.

Thanks,

Tagged:
2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

If I could vote this up 100 times, I would.

On a locked down computer, there is no useful option, I can't download and install the update, because I don't have the permissions on the computer. If I want to use Panopto, I want to use it NOW, not when our IT department have sorted out the update for me in a week's time.

This weekend, it's only by loading Panopto onto my own personal computer that has allowed me to get my work ready for next week.

If the uploaded files were OK with the last version, what's the big problem?, why are the options so limited?