Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Has a change happened recently that would affect Mac Mini users

A lecturer contacted us who has been using their installed version of Panopto successfully last month, is now no longer to record without it "crashing" (I have the crash logs if anyone technical wants a browse)

They are running Mac OS 10.15.6 so above the minimum requirements and I have suggested the Uninstall/reinstall but I wondered if anything big has happened to causes this or if it is local to the user. They are working with Capture for now as a temporary measure.

I have more system wide tickets open with Panopto so given this is user based, I thought I'd ask the community and see if anyone else is experiencing similar.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Shaun,

I see that you have other tickets open with Panopto, but not for this particular issue. This would typically be an issue for our Support team to investigate, since recorder crashes can occur for a variety of reasons. If you'd like, I'd be happy to submit a Support ticket on your behalf to expedite the process and make things easier for you - please let me know either way.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi Cait,

No I have not got a ticket based on this issue and if you feel a Support ticket may assist here, please do. Obviously we're a fairly new institution to the world of Panopto and having to roll out the system to all of the university in 3 weeks has caused us to be slightly swamped! Thankfully the product is so good that I think given time all of these issues will be ironed out.

This particular case is puzzling as by all accounts it was working and suddenly didn't which made me wonder about updates and things that might affect it, hence the broad question.

Thank you for being supportive,

Kind Regards

Shaun

• Hi Shaun,

Thank you so much for providing this additional information. I'll get a Support ticket set up for you - please keep an eye out for correspondence from our Support team regarding this matter.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Just an FYI, some of our faculty who were running an older OS could no longer use Panopto. They had to upgrade to update the OS in order to be able to install the latest Panopto version. IT at the university helped the faculty update computer operating system and reinstall Panopto. That's all it took for Panopto to work again.