Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Video not appearing on mobile or Moodle embedded videos

When I upload a video to Moodle from an .mp4 using Create->Upload Media this seems to work fine and I can watch the video on a PC. However, when I look at it using an Android phone (using a browser, not the app), the video does not appear, only the audio (the video is black). The same thing happens with Moodle integration, the embedded video is black, and the user seems to need to open it in the panopto server website to view. Could you suggest how I might solve this problem, please?

Answers

• Options

Hi Michael,

This would be an issue for our Support team to take a look at. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I will submit a Support ticket on your behalf as well as let your local Panopto administrator know that you're having this issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our Support team regarding this.

In the meantime, a possible workaround is opening the video's Settings menu, and changing the video podcast type to Secondary Video Only. You can do this by following the steps provided in this article: How to Change the Format and Preview the Podcast Version of Videos.

I hope this is helpful, if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes,

Cait