Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Panopto login loop from Moodle integration

We are having an issue with some students on their devices where they are trying to access Panopto sessions through the Moodle integration/Panopto block links but they just arrive at the Panopto login screen and can't get beyond that with their login credentials. Has anyone else experienced this and found any solutions they could suggest?

Answers

• Options

Hi Frank,

This sounds like something our Support team should take a look at. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I will submit a Support ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Cait, thanks for your assistance, but I have already logged it. It seems to be a setting on the users device so I was just wandering if anyone in the community had any 'oven ready' advice on a resolution.

• Options
    KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi Frank,

Often issues on mobile devices are a result of cookie settings. Apple devices have 3rd party cookies disabled by default which Panopto uses for those accessing Panopto through Moodle. Instructions on how to enable are here: https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Enable-Third-Party-Cookies-in-Supported-Browsers#hTargetInstance5

Also, the issue may be resolved by having students play Panopto videos via the Panopto App instead of the Moodle block within the mobile browser.