Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Chromecast Support

Support for Chromecast casting.

9 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• I am here to support this feature request. We should have the ability to cast the videos, or at very least panopto should allow the ability to cast a tab.

• I used to be able to cast the panopto tab and now I can't - why on earth would you block that feature?

• I've just spent the best part of my morning trying to figure out why I can't cast my Panopto tab to my Chromecast - restarting my laptop, router, Chromecast., banging my head against a wall. At least I now know it's intentionally disabled.. Is this an attempt at DRM, if so it's been poorly managed. There are various ways ways to circumvent and record/"steal" lectures, recording the screen being right at the top of the list. In the meantime you've impeded most probably thousands of students learning in the middle of a global pandemic.

I just want to watch my lecture on a bigger screen, with better sounds, and take notes. You don't even have to support cast (although that would be nice), just don't impede it.

I'd rather be in a lecture hall with lifesize people, but in the meantime, please don't continue to force me to squint at my small laptop screen.