Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Recorder state Error

MacBook Air M1, OS11.0.1. I receive the following error: "Requested Action cannot be taken under the current recorder state". Occurred after upgrade to OS11.0 (Big Sur). Worked fine with MacOS 10.x.x All privacy permissions are granted to Panopto. Associated screen shots:

Answers

• Hi Richard,

This would be an issue for our Support team to investigate. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I will submit a Support ticket on your behalf and make your local Panopto administrator aware. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our Support team regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Thank you for letting me know. I will keep watch on the tickets.

• Hi, I'm having the same issue, again with Big Sur. Any chance this has been resolved?

• Not yet. I still get the error, but have starting been using Panopto Capture instead which works seamlessly, but you have to be online. It is unclear if it is a Big Sur issue or an Apple M1 processor compatibility issue. I have both.

• Hi @Giulia Boitani,

This would still be an issue for our Support team to investigate. If you'd like, I'd be happy to submit a Support ticket on your behalf and let your local Panopto administrator know that you're experiencing this issue. Please let me know which organization you use Panopto through, either by commenting on this post or reaching out to me via direct message, and I'll be happy to get that process started for you.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi All,

Our Support team let me know the following information, which may be helpful:

"Panopto is going to release Panopto for Mac 10.0 which will be fully tested with Big Sur (macOS 11.0). The current ETA is late January 2021. Please note that this new version will not support any hardware models with Apple M1 chip (a.k.a. ARM chip) and Panopto does not have ETA for that at this time.

There is also an open Feature Request for the support of Apple M1 chips (FR-4071). If you would like an update on that Feature Request in the future, and are a Panopto administrator, please contact your organizations' Customer Success Advocate regarding this. If you are not a Panopto administrator for your organization, please reach out to your local Panopto administrator for assistance regarding this process.

If your organization has Panopto Capture enabled and it is permissible by organization policy, please use Panopto Capture as a workaround in the interim. To learn how to use Panopto Capture, please see our article: How to Create a Video using Panopto Capture."

Best wishes,

Cait

This discussion has been closed.