Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Student is trying to watch a link via Panopto on Canvas

edited January 2021 in Canvas

MacBook Pro 13, MacOS.

From Student- "It says that my browser is not accepting cookies, however, I checked the safari settings and my laptop does accept cookies and the program is still not working."

Are there known issues we need to know with safari?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• @Adam Nemeroff How did you ever find that?!

Thank you! I moved this information onto the student. We shall see if this helps.

• So -- funny enough we ran into this same issue when we previously had Kaltura as one of our primary video tools. I also encounter it a lot personally since I use a fairly locked down privacy-oriented browser.

It's never fun learning how web tracking and surveillance capitalism actually works. I'm sure Panopto has good reasons for doing it this way but much of this ties back to targeted advertising on the web today.

Glad we were able to find the fix!

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Katie Harrill I'm glad Adam was able to help you out with the solution! I just wanted to add that Panopto does have documentation available for how to enable third party cookies (cross site tracking) in all of our supported browsers: https://support.panopto.com/s/article/How-to-Enable-Third-Party-Cookies-in-Supported-Browsers

In case you need something to link to for your users!