Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Accessory equipment while trying to record.

I am running MacOS 11.1 on my MacBook Pro and running a second screen on an iPad Pro using duet display app to capture the second screen while recording. I am using the latest Panopto application (10.0.0). Shortly into my Powerpoint presentation, recoding, and especially when I try to use the Apple Pencil tool or the laser pointer tool in the Powerpoint application, the Panopto brings up a window with a yellow triangle (exclamation point) that says "cannot capture". So, I am forced to stop and the file wants to upload to server.

I also run audio through a external device (Rode Procaster). Panopto recognizes the device in the audio prior to recording but shortly into the recording Panopto says it Panopto disconnected (even though it did not). Again, forced to click ok and the file want to upload to the server.

I know that these are two different problems but it seem Panopto does not like these external devices. Is there a fix for this issue. I want high quality sound and I would like to be able to mark up my presentation (via the iPad with Apple Pencil).

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    edited January 2021

Hi Michael,

This sounds like an issue for our Support team to investigate. It looks like you've already submitted a ticket and our Support team has been in contact. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait