Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Getting chat/discussion entries from RTMP event via SOAP/REST API

Hello,

is it possible to get the entries or notes from a discussion in live events via the SOAP or REST-API? I found a method called getNote in ISessionManagement from the SOAP-Api (https://support.panopto.com/resource/APIDocumentation/Help/html/9ede49e3-40d3-fb84-c070-1b5596db1471.htm) but i think that's not the right one.

In the REST Api i haven't found anything that meets my requirements.

Many thanks for the help.

Mathias

Tagged:

Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Mathias,

We do have an endpoint on our SOAP API endpoint that can get the public notes for a session. The ListNotes endpoint will return all of the public notes for a session, as well as any private notes for the user calling the API.

Unfortunately we do not currently have a way to get the discussion entries using either the SOAP or REST public APIs. That is something we may add in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Evelin PfeifferEvelin Pfeiffer Panopto Employee

Hi,

I created a feature request for this

SOAP or REST API for discussion for live webcast events

Bye for now,

Evelin