Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How do i get a panopto video created in Blackboard into Canvas

How do i get a panopto video created in Blackboard into Canvas

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Steven,

If the organization you use Panopto with has both LMS sites linked, sign into your Panopto site and move or copy the video from the original folder that's linked to Blackboard into the folder that's linked to Canvas. This document should help you with the steps needed to do this: How to Copy and Move Sessions.

If you are moving a video from one organization's Panopto site to a different organization's site, you will need to download the video from the original as an mp4 and reupload it into Canvas. In that case, this document should help you with the process: How to Download Video or Audio Streams as MP4s. Please note that you would need to add back in any external content added to the video, including the table of contents, quizzes, YouTube or external links, etc.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait