Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Podcast isn't downloading as picture in picture

edited March 2021 in Product Questions

Hi,

I'm trying to change the format of the podcast. I'm changing it to "picture in picture", clicking "apply" and then downloading it. But the podcast is still side by side. Is there anything I'm missing? I did record side by side but I was able to change the podcast format in previous recordings.

I changed the quality of the podcast. Could this be the issue?

Thanks!

P.S. I also don't have the option to "view" the podcast, only to download.

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Taline,

When you said that you recorded side by side, is this what you meant?

If so, all streams would have been captured as one stream and thus, will not be able to be arranged as separate streams in the video podcast. Additionally, in Panopto Pro, you can only download the video podcast and not view it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi Cait,

Thank you, yes that's what I did but my impression was that previously, I was able to change this in setting -> podcast. Maybe I was mistaken.

Thanks again.