Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Permission to edit a shared video

Is there a way for me to give someone I've shared a video with permission to also edit the video? I cannot find a way to do this. Thanks.

Answers

• Nope. You have to grant creator rights at the folder level, not on videos themselves.

This means you have to either add them as a creator to the current folder, or create a new folder, grant them creator rights there, and copy or move the video there.

Very frustrating limitation which comes up at least once a week.

• @Tim Ray does your organization use Custom Roles? I believe this is still in beta but I recently found a way to give someone editing permission to individual sessions in a folder. It needs more testing but looks like it works.

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Tim Ray It looks like you may be using Panopto Basic or Pro. If this is the case, then at this time, there is not a way to allow others to edit the videos in your account.

If you are using Panopto Enterprise, you are able to provide this access by sharing a folder with an additional Creator or perhaps by using custom roles as Brian pointed out.

• I appreciate all the input and help, everyone! We are using Pro. :-( Would love to be able to make this happen in the future, if this can be tweaked.

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Tim Ray Since this is a feature you'd like to see in the future, I recommend going to the Help menu in Pro and selecting Submit feedback. This will let you send an email that will be seen by the team working directly on Pro - we are always looking for ways to make the Pro experience even easier to use.