Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How do I make a secondary stream into a primary stream?

I recorded a video without sound but it made the no sound a primary stream and the video secondary. I don't need the sound. How can I get rid of the sound or just make the video primary?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Stephanie,

Are you embedding this video in Brightspace? If so, Panopto has a special setting called the "podcast view," which controls how videos look when they are embedded or downloaded. As such, you can change the video podcast output to "Secondary Video Only," and that is what would appear in the embedded player on the LMS. You can learn how to do this by following the first two steps in  How to Change the Format and Preview the Podcast Version of Videos.

Alternatively, you could reupload the video by selecting the Create button on your Panopto site, choosing Upload Media, and uploading the video, which would make it the primary stream.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

Best wishes,

Cait