Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

0x80004005 media pipeline failure main screen

Hello,

I was using on an old computer a Panopto version (7.0 64 bits) that worked pretty well. But, I had to install Panopto on a very new computer (Surface Pro 7, windows 10 20H2) and it doesen't work anymore althrough I've installed the same version that the previous one. I can't activate the primary source (main screen) and I have the error : "0x80004005 Media pipeline failure Starting the device "main screen" failed. Drivers are the last versions. Panopto was allowed to use the camera.

I didn't find any explanation on internet. So I need your help. I've seen similar demands on the forum but not how to fix it.

Thank you

Best regards

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    edited November 2020

Hi Laurence,

This would be an issue for our Support team to take a look at, and I did see that there is a ticket open regarding this matter for you.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hello,

my name is Yang, I'm working for Hochschule Trier and I tried to start Panopto 7.0.0.59510 on my brandnew Microsoft Surface Laptop 4.

I get the same error as above. There is also no picture of the surface camera front and no sound from Microphone array.

Please help me soon.

Thanks in advance

• Options

Hello @Yang Liu-Gerhards,

Have you been prompted to upgrade your Panopto application? If so, I would suggest trying this, first. Otherwise, I'm happy to submit a Support ticket on your behalf and let your Panopto administrator know. Let me know if you would like for me to do this.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Dear Cait,

7.0.0.59510 is the last version which is avaiable at "Hochschule Trier". If you could help out at this issue I would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Yang Liu-Gerhards

• Options

Hi @Yang Liu-Gerhards,

I've submitted a Support ticket on your behalf and made your local Panopto administrator aware. Our Support team should be in contact with you soon.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Dear Cait,

It has been already over a month, but the problem is not solved yet. I did not receive any contact from the support team. Could you please give me an update?

Thank you

Yang

• Options
    edited June 2021

Hi Yang,

I've pulled up the case that was related to your issue, and it looks like the Support team had issues reaching you. I'll send you a private message to confirm the email we have for you on file is correct.

Best wishes,

Cait