Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Sessions with closed captions

Hello everyone,

i'm wondering if is there a way to understand how many sessions in my media library include closed captions.

Thanks,

Pierpaolo

Comments

• Elba RiosElba Rios Whiz Kid

I had the same question a while back. I recommend you file a Panopto ticket requesting a report for captioned sessions. I requested the file and it provided the necessary data whether a session was captioned.

• Hi Elba!

Really appreciated.

Thanks

• @Elaine Mello @[email protected] You can actually generate a report for this right in Panopto. If you go to the Caption Requests interface you can download a report based on the provider you are after, or for all captions. This report will include ASR, human, and captions imported via a file. I don't believe it will include those that manually typed out a caption file in the GUI, but I haven't come across anyone who has actually done that from scratch.

• @Michael Espey yes, you're right!

Thanks a lot