Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Creator access to Remote Recorder in mobile app

I would greatly appreciate if a user (or users) could be set as a creator when scheduling a session using a remote recorder. With that, if a creator is scheduled to record a session they should be given timely access to control (start early, pause, stop, or extend) the current recording from the mobile apps/web only in the window that session is scheduled.

Giving instructors lasting access to control a room that they might be teaching in/might need to control in the future is too much access and is generally a non-starter.

This would also segue nicely into showing who will be presenting in a scheduled webcast on the waiting page.

2 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Options

Assuming the API endpoints exist (which is clearly not a safe bet), in theory you could write an app to programmatically grant a presenter rights to a Remote Recorder and then revoke them on a schedule but that would be a pain.

Your idea makes a lot more sense. When you are scheduling a recording, if you could also set the presenter (so they could also be the owner of the recording) then we could also (optionally) grant them creator rights during ONLY those scheduled recording times so they can start early, pause, resume, stop, or extend the recording.

I really like that idea. This would also really help when thinking about implementing content retention policies as the professors would actually own that content and be responsible for it themselves. Currently I own a frightening amount of that stuff!