Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Was there an update recently on being able to receive notifications if someone commented on a video?

Was there an update recently on being able to receive notifications if someone commented on a video? I thought something was made available with the latest updates. There is a check box for receiving notifications in the desktop client settings, but upon testing, I am not receiving any form of notifications. Thanks

Answers

• Options

The client setting is only for webcasts, and only while you are actively recording.

There is a general site function to enable discussion notifications on the way, but that has not been released yet.

• Options
    Elba RiosElba Rios Whiz Kid

This feature was supposed to have been rolled out end of Fall 2020, but not sure it was. Here's the conversation on that: https://community.panopto.com/discussion/284/can-i-get-notified-when-a-new-comment-is-entered-in-a-video-discussion

I'm hoping that the feature will not be site-wide automatic. Faculty would not be able to keep track of all the discussion comments in dozens of videos at a time. At our institution, faculty do not want to follow comments, and prefer to use Canvas discussions. They embed the video in a Canvas discussion and then they comment in more meaningful ways, for the duration of the assignment.