Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

No Audio from Powerpoint Videos

Hi,

A few people that have uploaded Powerpoint videos (MP4) have found that there's no audio upon upload.

After downloading the podcast and opening the video in VLC, there is no audio stream at all; just a video stream.

The only way we've been able to work around this is by converting the videos in VLC before uploading them.

One thing we've noticed is the videos that end up with no sound have 48000hz AAC audio, whereas the ones that do have 44100hz AAC audio. Is Panopto incompatible with 48000hz AAC?

I appreciate your time,

James Henderson

Answers

• Update:

We've found out one of the users in question had the same issue with a 44100hz audio stream.

After extracting the audio from the video, and uploading it as a separate stream to the video with no sound, the audio is there but is not playing at all.

Editing the stream shows it has an audio track with a waveform where it didn't before.

What is going on here?

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi James,

I spoke with another member of my team, and we believe this is a matter for our Support team. I've reached out to our Support team, as well as your local Panopto administrator, to help you with this. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this matter.

Best wishes,

Cait