Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Mac hidden user

I am experiencing the extra/hidden panopto_upload user on a mac. I am no longer affiliated with the university that used Panopto. Is there an uninstaller or command that I can run to completely remove this account?

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi John,

This would be a ticket for our Support team. If I may ask, which university was your previous Panopto account tied to?

Best wishes,

Cait

• I have this problem too. I no longer have Panopto installed and the panopto_upload user does not appear in system preferences so I cannot get rid of it. Were you able to get this fixed?

• I have this problem too. I no longer have Panopto installed and the panopto_upload user does not appear in system preferences so I cannot get rid of it. Were you able to get this fixed?