Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

If I have the ID of a key how do I make it unavailable by using the API?

We are attempting to feign live streaming by making the recording unavailable x amount of time after the recording is ended. If I have the ID of a key how do I make it unavailable by using the API?

Best Answers

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Martin,

Just to check do you mean you have the ID of a video or session in Panopto, and you would like to use the API to modify the availability settings on that video?

If so, we do currently offer two endpoints in our SOAP API that can modify the availability window for a specific video. You can use these endpoints to set when the video becomes available, or the end time after which a video is no longer available:

ISessionManagement.UpdateSessionsAvailabilityStartSettings

ISessionManagement.UpdateSessionsAvailabilityEndSettings

You can use the UpdateSessionsAvailabilityEndSettings SOAP API endpoint to set the date or time after which a video is no longer available to view.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Martin,

Although we are continuing to expand our REST API, including adding existing SOAP API functions to the REST API, we have no current plans to deprecate our SOAP API.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Answers