Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Allow Remote Recorder 'Creators' and/or Departmental Admins to download Remote Recorder

Feature Request: Please allow option for Creators role on a given Remote Recorder and/or Departmental Admins to download Remote Recorder. Probably would also need to be able to manage/view the Remote Recorder Registration Keys for those particular Remote Recorders as well.

This request is really about being able to upgrade Remote Recorder software, so, alternatively, the ability for the Remote Recorder software itself to have an Update or Check for Update (with option to install latest version) button would suffice.

Tagged:
1 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Updated to Archive

Comments

• Personally, I would rather implement an auto-update process for recorders.

We put out a self-service remote recorder version available to folks and that ended when someone decided to deploy it on ~400 workstations that shouldn't have had it installed and I'd rather not open up the possibility to repeat that.

If auto-update is implemented, we would need to be able to set a max target version at the site level so they don't update before we are able to test various configurations available on campus.

On another note, if Department Admins were able to set up their own Remote Recorders I would agree that they should be able to set them up but without being able to set up the device, having the ability to download would still require central admin intervention.