Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Downloading multiple videos

Perhaps I am missing something. There seem to be any number of posts which require content to be able to be download in bulk. This might be a folder, a suer account, or a playlist.

the point is that there are any number of reasons that users want to do this, from editing the content (no offence, but Panopto is not a video editor on a par with proper systems) to redistributing on platforms that Panopto is not appropriate for.

So the question is, where is the bulk download functionality and if there isn't any, why not?

Answers

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

Hi Chris,

Apologies that we haven't responded to your question. It didn't land in our "unanswered" queue.

Currently, there is not a bulk download option in Panopto, but this is high on our list of features that we're considering for future development for the reasons that you've outlined in your post.

While I don't currently know if this will make it into a future release, we should have more information to share about our roadmap at the end of August.

• Any progress on this high priority feature?

We are trying to encourage faculty to adopt Panopto for hosting class video content. They like the convenience of capturing raw video, but preferring to use real video editing tools they say the difficulty of managing multiple files with Panopto is a barrier to adoption.

• Hi @Nick DeMello,

I reached out to the teams working on this, and they've informed me that this feature is on the roadmap but not in the short term. Additionally, I have made them aware of your organization's interest in this feature.

Best wishes,

Cait