Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Video will not upload to the host site

edited September 2022 in General Q&A

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Zachery Blackburn,

This sounds like an issue our Support team should investigate. To expedite this matter, and make things easier for you, I'll open a Support ticket on your behalf and make your local Panopto administrator aware of this. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our team regarding this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait McCabe

• Options

Thank you Cait!

• Options

One thing to check on is if the folder that Panopto is recording to locally is not in a system folder that is syncing to iCloud or other cloud file services. This can cause some issues with uploading, which will typically produce an error, but I guess it isn't impossible that it will just freeze. You can also try making a local copy of the session to try uploading again.

I agree with Cait that this would be something for Support to tackle so they can also collect info in case there is a larger problem than just the one computer, I just wanted to provide some info that might help.

• Options

Panopto is recording to my local computer within my login.