Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Postman - /Panopto/oauth2/connect/token = "error": "invalid_client"

Hi,

I'm having a lot of trouble with the api, I'm in the first step and it's impossible to get a token.

I read the doc, and I use this :

To get a token for a User-Based Server Application client, make a POST request to the Panopto OAuth2 token endpoint: https://<server>/Panopto/oauth2/connect/token

The only response I get in PowerShell or with Postman is "error": "invalid_client"

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Aurelien,

Can you verify the client ID and client secret you are sending in the Authorization header to ensure they are correct, and in the correct format? These should be set in the Authorization header, formatted according to section 1.2 of the following support article:

Please let me know if you continue to have issues after verifying the authentication header.

Thanks,

Kevin