Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.
Options

Ability to permanently swap primary and secondary video areas

In the recorder or in the editor - please add the ability to choose what recording source to place in each section of the web player. Normally, the presenter video goes in the top left smaller area and the screen capture goes in the right larger area in the player. We need to have the ability to select what video to put where. Sometimes, like in out Business Communication classes, the teachers want the presenter video to be in the larger area and the screen capture in the smaller area. Conversely, in the Video podcast, this feature will allow for the presenter video to shown in full screen and the screen capture to show in the smaller PIP screen in the bottom right.

Currently the only way to do this is to manually download both streams and create a new session and place the videos like i am requesting. Then, after processing, set the Video podcast to PIP to match what i am requesting. This is time consuming and inefficient.

Maybe you only need to have a feature in the video editor or in Settings window to "Swap video sources in player" that will automatically do this! That will be cool and quick for the end user! I think Panopto already knows how to do this, just need to automated!

Please do this asap. thanks.

16 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Options
    Mike PedersenMike Pedersen Crackerjack
    edited September 2022

Hi Panopto!

In the edit-->streams area of the session editing tool, I'd love to be able to have a button that swaps the primary and secondary streams. We are using Extron SMP351 units to record using a Virtual Input to capture the camera video signal. They all appear with the content stream as primary and the camera stream as secondary.

Thanks!

Mike P.

• Options

@Chaz Barbour that needs to happen!!

• Options

Any update on this? In my scenario, I use a automatic tracking camera as my primary video. It is a POE camera and I noticed it losing power just as the class was starting, so I swapped to the wideshot as my primary so I wouldn't lose the capture. After I did that, the close up camera seemed to stabilize, so it would be great if I could swap them back after the recording is over.

Sad that people seem to be asking for the same features for years without getting any response....