Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Why do Panopto Support Chat "transcripts" link to SnapEngage

I am confused about accessing support chat transcripts. The ticket provides a link for access to transcripts. That takes me to SnapEngage. Does anyone have the same issue? Thanks.

Best Answer

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Elba Rios and @Michael Espey,

Our Support team worked on this and has just let me know that live chat case descriptions will now automatically include the chat transcript. As such, you should no longer need to click any external links to access the chat history, as it should all be in the support ticket.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

Answers

• Yeah, they changed that a while back and after the change it hasn't worked for me. I typically just grab the chat transcripts and add it to the notes that I keep locally.

• Thanks Michael. The thing is that the ticket that's created after a chat lacks information (not even a topic description) and one can't tell one ticket from another. By the way, I contacted SnapEngage (because the link is provided in the ticket), and they had no idea what I was talking about.

@Kathryn , do you have suggestions for viewing chat transcriptions in a ticket? Thanks.

• Hi @Elba Rios and @Michael Espey,

I checked in with our Support team about this thread and they would like to see if they can reproduce the issue. They wanted to know if you are getting the chat transcript link in an email from Panopto support, or elsewhere?

Thanks!

Cait

• This should be a quick video that I made on the support panopto site to demo the problem at hand. I'm happy to provide any other details or help in any way I can.

• @Michael Espey - Thanks for the video demo. Exactly my experience. I had been documenting this in several Panopto tickets.

@Caitlin McCabe - Thanks!

The ticket last ticket I generated on the topic got results. Panopto:

"We managed to amend this and live chat cases now have the description field automatically populated with the transcript from the chat itself so you can see what the case is about when checking on the Support site. "

Thanks, Panopto!