Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

API for polling recent sessions

Alex NeubertAlex Neubert Panopto Employee

In the usage reports, I am able to pull a detailed list of user course completions like the attached:

I need to be able to automate an export like this in order to do a custom course credit calculation outside of an LMS.

Is there a way to get at this data in real-time either:

-          (Preferably) via a registered webhook endpoint that Panopto calls upon a video viewing completion event

-          A batch API that can be polled to get this detail

In browsing through the API reference documentation, I see the following issues for meeting our requirement:

-          I don’t see a SOAP API call that returns the same fields as exist in the report

-          Reports can be run no more frequently than daily. We would need to run them at least every 10 min.

In lieu of a bonafide callback API, we need an API that can be polled to return the most recent sessions, including the content id, user id, viewing time, and start/stop timestamp. We need to poll this at least every 10 min. I didn’t see anything in the SOAP API that seemed suitable.

Answers

• Options
    Joe MalmstenJoe Malmsten Panopto Employee

Hey,

Unfortunately at this time we do not offer that capability. 

We will consider this feature for future development.

Thanks,

Joe Malmsten