Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Will there ever be an LTI button for the TinyMCE rich text editor?

We use the Panopto LTI Button for Atto on our Moodle instance because we like how the LTI visibility and permissions work better than the standard button for Atto. Users don't have to worry about where they're placing their videos in Panopto, the LTI itself manages who can see things. The "Student Submission" folder is also simpler and easier to explain than using the Assignments folder.

However, Moodle is moving away from using the Atto editor towards TinyMCE. I see a Panopto for TinyMCE plugin but not an LTI-based one. Will there ever be an analogous "Panopto LTI Button for TinyMCE" available?

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Eric Phetteplace,

I apologize for my delay in responding. I have checked in with some colleagues, and we are looking into this for you. I also see that you were able to connect with one of my other colleagues separately about this, which is great!

If you have any additional questions in the meantime, please let us know - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait