Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Secondary Remote Recorder by API

Hi i did not found it proper clear in the Docu but is it possible to start/stop/pause a remote recorder AND its secondary remote Recorder for a Webcast?

(in the docu i found recorder(s) but i was not sure...)

Many thanks!

Steffi

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

nobody did this before?

• Options
    Kevin BaumKevin Baum Panopto Employee

Hi Stefanie,

Both the SOAP and REST API do not manage starting or stopping individual recorders. They allow you to change the start or end time of an individual scheduled recordings (which can be used to stop a recording or start one early), but this will affect all of the recorders that are being used for the selected recording.

Could you let me know a bit more about what you're trying to do, and I may be able to help you further?

Thanks,

Kevin

• Options

Hi Kevin,

many thanks for your answer. You are totally right. I am using the Crestron Block atm to start a scheduled recording in another scenario...

Well my customer wants to start Ad Hock a Remote Recorder(s) with the Matrox Maevex. I can record Ad Hoc with one unit and their local API from Matrox. But i cannot start Ad Hoc that Recording with 2 Recorders.. so it seems that there is no way at the moment - right?

Many thanks and warm regards

Steffi