Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Flicker on playback when switching focus between streams

Hello,

I'm recording videos with powerpoint presentations, and want to occasionally switch to a 'talking head' shot of myself, away from the slides. I've found a way to do this by having my main screen and integrated camera both as secondary streams, then using the focus tool in the editing step.

However when I play back my edited video, the transition from talking head to main screen, or vice versa, is not smooth. I see a flash of other images, just a frame or two, from the recording, perhaps from the start of one of the streams (??) and this looks a bit unprofessional, spoiling the effect of cutting to the headshot.

What am I doing wrong?! Any advice would be gratefully received!

Caroline

Answers

• Options

I've had similar issue and also opened tickets regarding this, I see the flash of the start of the stream or a flash of black. I was told Panopto has an internal work order their tracking and to solve the problem.

I have also noticed on sessions where this happens, if I download the MP4 file, the playback is smooth, the flash frame or flash of black doesn't happen.

Is there a Panopto engineer or developer who can explain more?

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Caroline,

This would be an issue for our Support team to assess. To expedite this matter, I will submit a Support ticket on your behalf, and let your local Panopto administrator know that you are experiencing this issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence regarding this.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait