Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

How do I restore Processing speed?

I used Panopto recordings successfully in a summer online course, and am now starting a fall course. In the summer 30-minute recordings completed the multi-stage Processing process in about 15 minutes; now a recording of comparable length takes 8 to 12 HOURS to finish, if it finishes at all. What has changed, and how do I recover the prior performance?

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Ian,

This would definitely be an issue for our Support team to investigate. To expedite things, I will open a Support ticket on your behalf and let your local Panopto administrator know that you're having this issue. If you're able to, please send me a link to a video that you've had this issue with, so I can include that in the ticket.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask - we're happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• 21 August 2020

Dear Ms. McCabe,

Thanks for your help. How can I send you a link to a video? I can send an invitation to view one to an e-mail address, but I don't have your e-mail address. Also, I'm not sure how much it would help, because once the videos finish processing, they look and sound normal. Please advise.

Sincerely,

Ian H. Redmount

Hi Ian,

If you have the video open in the viewer, select the cog wheel from the upper right hand corner, or you can locate the video in your Panopto folder, hover over it, and select the Settings button that appears beneath it

This will open the video's Settings menu, where you can select the Share tab from the left-hand navigation menu. At the top of Share menu, you will see 'Link' with the video link listed beneath it.

You can copy/paste that link and send it to me over the community forum's messaging feature: https://community.panopto.com/messages/add/.

If you aren't comfortable sending me the video link, that's also fine - a member of the Support team should be in touch with you soon, and be able to assist you.

Thanks so much,

Cait

• Dear Cait,

Thanks again. With all due respect, I'd as soon not share the link over the whole community. There are copyright issues involved about which Saint Louis University is sensitive. Let's see what Support can come up with, shall we? Much obliged.

Sincerely,

Ian H. Redmount

Hi Ian,

Of course. Just for reference, if you send me a direct message via the forum messaging system, only I would see it. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reach out.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Dear Cait,

Thanks again. Just for future reference, how do I ``send [you] a direct message via the forum messaging system''? At the moment, this Comments list appears to be the only channel open to me.

Sincerely,

Ian H. Redmount

• @Ian Redmount https://community.panopto.com/profile/Cait%20McCabe

If you click on their name, there is a button at the top of the page.

Hi @Ian Redmount,

To confirm what Michael said, if you click on another user's name, you should see a "Message" button on their profile.

Alternatively, you can select the envelope icon at the top of the web page, and then the pencil and paper icon that appears on the drop down for your Inbox:

This will open the New Message window, where if you start typing a recipient's name, a list of users with that name will appear. Select the person you want to message.

I hope that's helpful! If you have any follow-up questions, feel free to send them my way :-)

Best wishes,

Cait

• Dear Michael and Cait,

Thanks. That should be very helpful.

Still waiting on info re: the Processing speed issue.

Sincerely,

Ian H. Redmount