Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Video viewers GeoIP stats

Does Panopto have any stats related to GeoIP information for the viewers of a video?

Answers

• We use Google Analytics for most of this. It would be an interesting thing to have it be available to instructors/content owners, but I think the real value of location data in troubleshooting, etc. is with the administrative side. Because great tools (like Google Analytics and Hive Insights) are available to fit this need for Panopto, I will probably stick with those for what we need to do.

I do think having referral information available in Panopto would be great!

• We have some government regulations which do not allow us to share the content outside of the US. GeoIP information would allow us to track from where the training videos are viewed from.

At some point in the future we would like to be able to apply country specific viewing restrictions.

Thanks,

• Hi Alex,

Currently, Panopto does not include U.S. GeoIP information in its statistics and analytics reporting. As mentioned, most customers use Google Analytics or Hive analytics to track location data and site traffic. I would recommend you submit your request for GeoIP information/viewing restrictions based on location as a Feature Request: New Feature Request.

For more information about folder and video statistics and analytics, please visit Learn About Folder and Session Level Statistics.

I hope this is helpful and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask! We're always happy to help.

Best wishes,

Cait