Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Quiz functionality

I'm having 2 different issues with embedded quizzes. First, some students say the quiz doesn't appear for them. I can see grades for several students so it worked for them. When I log in as a student sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. Any advise?

Second, when I tried to move the quiz by changed the time that it shows, it just set the time to 0:00:00 and would not accept my changes. Anyone else having issues with quizzes?

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Brian,

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties with the quizzing feature. For intermittent issues like this, we'd want to get our Support team involved to troubleshoot it with you. As for the quiz start time, I have noticed that if the formatting is not h:mm:ss.ss then the quiz will not appear as expected.

If you are still having trouble with this, please feel free to send us a link to the session you're having issues with and we can open a support ticket for you for our team to investigate.

Best wishes,

Cait

• I've had the same problem with trying to change the time manually for a quiz and it just resets to zero. The only way to set a time is to insert it in the timeline. And I currently am working on a video where I have inserted a quiz but the "Finish" link doesn't do anything. If I apply changes it resets the quiz to zero and I can't change it.

• Hi @Brian Baumgartner,

I'm sorry to hear there are still issues with the quiz function in Panopto for you. I think this may be an issue for our Support team to take a look at with you, so I'm going to open a Support ticket on your behalf and let your local Panopto administrator know that you're experiencing this issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our Support team on this matter.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Cait