Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Inherit Folder Settings - Not Just Permissions

We have a group that created quite the folder and sub-folder structure and now they everything in their space to be downloadable. Our site default is to not allow downloads and I don't plan on changing that - are there any options to make this less painful than going into each folder's individual settings? Have I overlooked some simple settings inheritance functionality?

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Adam Ross,

We don't have an inheritance setting for folder settings outside of sharing and the changes you've described are typically a self-service offering. I've confirmed with our Technical Consultant that we offer a custom solution to make this change in bulk. If you're interested in our Professional Services team helping you with this, we can have your Account Manager reach out to discuss pricing.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,
    Cait