Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Output > Type locked

edited July 25 in General Q&A

Hi brains trust,

I'm re-editing a series of lectures captured in Panopto from a few years back (webcam and slides). I do this by changing the type to each video stream, letting it process, download then repeat, then massage the two in the third party NLE. For some reason the type bar is greyed out for a batch of videos. Permissions seem the same to others in the series which I've had no issue switching. I have creator status. Any idea what could be at play here?

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh wait, the series of locked videos were referenced copies. Going back to the source gave me the options I needed 🤦

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Paul McDonald,

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue. Please feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions in the future!

Best wishes,
    Cait