Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Finding a video on the server based on URL/Link

Like this video:

https://uit.cloud.panopto.eu/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=07a94702-ed35-442d-9878-b066008c0975

How can I locate it quickly on the server? BTW, I am an admin, and should have privileges to find this information without to much hassle.

Thanks

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Terje Bergli,

The ID number at the end of the video's URL is searchable in the Panopto library. For example, if you copy/paste the ID number, "07a94702-ed35-442d-9878-b066008c0975," from the link above into the search bar of your Panopto site, it will bring up the video in the search results.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to reach out - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,
    Cait

• Thanks for your answer, but, nope, that doesn't work in my/some cases. I got the URL, I can play the video, but I have no idea of where it is placed on the server. The GUID or ID in the search bar leaves me with no result or "No matching sessions.".

Would very much like to know why, @Caitlin McCabe. Here is an example (video), and I like to know the related folder, owner etc.

Thanks

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Terje Bergli,

I've reached out to your Account Manager about this. They will be reaching out directly via email so that we can better assist you.

Best wishes,
    Cait