Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

REST API Expansion

We are looking at expanding into some lifecycle management processes for Panopto, but we are not wanting to build out tooling for the SOAP API. The first reason is that it seems like the SOAP API is being replaced in Panopto, and the second is that all of our other custom tools are based on REST APIs.

If the user management endpoints are going to be folded into the REST API in the near-ish future, we will wait on that, I just wanted to reach out to this community to see if there is any feedback at this time on timeline for this functionality. I am happy to reach out to our account rep, I just figured that if the information was out there, this would be a good place to start.

Thank you,

Michael

Best Answer