Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

How do you brand your instance of Panopto?

What are people doing for branding in their environments? I'm curious about ideas for possibly integrating the idea of Panopto as it exists at the institution. For example Panopto at DARTMOUTH. Curious about other's experiences with this.

@Luchin Lee curious if you have thoughts and ideas.

Answers

• Options

This is an example of what we do with G Suite at our institution.

• Options

The options in Panopto are somewhat limited, but there are a few areas that can be adjusted. We branded Panopto as "UICapture" long ago, so those logos have been changed, but I kept the branding very similar to the "out of the box" state. I also don't really know that rebranding was needed, but we typically brand services internally.

Title Logo:

Overlay:

There are also a few areas where HTML hosted elsewhere can be embedded, an example of something we do is a small area that is included when new content is uploaded:

There are some things I wish we could add (text added to the "Everything" tab to explain what is included in "Everything", tool tips when working with Panopto tools in the LMS, links to documentation when building a quiz, etc.), but what is there is generally enough. My only real knock on branding is that we cannot lock the branding in centrally, and departments can customize their own brand (and why can department admins add other department admins??). It isn't really a huge issue, but it is an issue that I would love to see be resolved sooner than later.

I think it would go a long way to be able to set a vanity URL for the site (say uicapture.uiowa.edu?). With that said, we didn't really have any problems guiding users to our hosted URL.

• Options

I'd definitely be interested to see other's examples as well. thanks @Michael Espey!