Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

3rd party cookies issue, how to add a custom message

We are using Sakai and users are reporting issues with 3rd party cookies. I can see the following post describing the issue. Unfortunately in our Sakai environment Panopto loads on a blank screen, with no description of the problem and no link to work fix.

https://community.panopto.com/discussion/260/blackboard-and-moodle-issue-with-viewing-embedded-videos-3rd-party-cookies#latest

The sign in button does appear, but some students don't see it (user issue, not technical) so assume Panopto is broken. others are using the sign in as they are unaware of the fix, but are not happy with this. I am sending reminders how to fix this, but the obvious solution would be to add a custom message explaining the issue and a link to the fix, as appears in the forum post above. how do I do this?

Answers

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi Jeff,

This would be an issue for the Panopto Support team. I looked in our system to see if there was a ticket for this issue, and it looks like you've already connected with our Support team about this matter. Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else, I'm happy to help.

Best wishes,

Cait