Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Panopto 10 with Macbook Air - audio sync problems

edited February 2021 in General Q&A

Anyone else having problems with this? The audio is very rapidly getting 1-2 seconds out of sync with the video - completely unwatchable. This is recording a video, Powerpoint and screen together.

I have three users already reporting this. Two on Big Sur, and one on on Catalina, all on Panopto 10.0.038255 all with the same problem.

These people recorded fine before Christmas with earlier versions of MacOS+Panopto.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

This sounds like an issue for our Support team to investigate. It does look like a Support ticket for this matter was submitted by a local Panopto administrator at your organization in late January, and is currently being addressed by our team. I will add this post to the ticket so that our Support team is made aware that this is an ongoing issue. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from them regarding this.

If you have any questions in the meantime, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Dear Cait,

Yes thanks, we've been on to support a bit in the last week or two about this, and I've provided a bunch more information again today. I thought it might be worth trying to determine from the community if the problem was more widespread at the same time.

• I'm curious if there was ever a resolution to this. I have an instructor, also using Panopto for Mac, that is experiencing a similar problem with audio and video sync. Thanks! Mike P.

• To be honest Mike, I never did really reach a solution.

I think it just came down to the fact that the machine was below Panopto's hardware specifications, and didn't have the horsepower to record correctly, even with lowered quality settings. The Panopto software just didn't do a good job of degrading gracefully in such circumstances (degraded image or lower bitrate sound would be much more acceptable than out-of-sync audio).

It was disappointing because earlier versions of Panopto had worked on the same computers without a problem.

• Thanks for letting me know. Not good news... 😕

• Hi @Mike Pedersen,

This would be something our Support team should look at, in case something else is occurring. If you would like, I'd be happy to submit a Support ticket on your behalf to expedite this matter and make things easier for you.

Please let me know if you would like a Support ticket, and if you have any additional questions - we're always happy to help.

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi Cait,

Yep, I was going to open an incident soon. I'm meeting with the instructor tomorrow morning to get more details on his Mac specifications and the version of Panopto for Mac he is using. Once I have those additional details, I'll get an incident created.

Thanks!

Mike P.