Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Difference between podcast audio and normal audio quality?

Hi,

My colleague mentioned he notices a difference between the audio quality of the podcast version of one of his videos and the normal audio quality that is delivered in the interactive player. The podcast audio quality is a bit worse and has some artifacts which you don't here in the interactive player.

Is there any step while converting the podcast file or how can this be explained? The original videos has been created with an external software, not with the Panopto Recorder.

We use a self hosted Panopto Version 10.6.1.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Christopher

Answers

• Options

Hi Christopher,

I apologize for the delay in my response. This would be a matter for our Support team to investigate. I see that you have already have an open Support ticket regarding this, but if you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Options

Hi Cait,

Many thanks for your response.

Actually there is no open ticket that points to this particular issue at the moment, just one for general video quality options, but I will open a new ticket soon, perfect.

Best regards

Christopher

• Options

Hi Christopher,

My apologies, I thought it was related to that particular ticket. To expedite this matter and make things easier for you, I'll open a Support ticket on your behalf. Please keep an eye out for correspondence from our Support team.

Best wishes,

Cait