Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Default Podcast settings.

What podcast setting have you found that most users prefer? At our University the default setting is set for Picture-in-Picture but I wonder if the Side-by-Side podcast setting is preferable.

Answers

• Jeff MaherJeff Maher Crackerjack

With side by side, if you don't leave room for the presenter window on the slide, it could cover up potentially important data on the slide/screen capture.

We use secondary only since side by side minimizes the size of the slide/screen capture.

• Larry EvansLarry Evans Crackerjack

Thanks Jeff.

Secondary is a great idea for the default setting.

thanks,

Larry

• We use side by side as default. I'm not sure if any faculty change it or not in their course.

Kevin Hartman

University at Buffalo

• An .mp3 format would be useful for students who wish to listen to their lectures whilst they are on the move.

• @Niall Collins You can download MP3 files as audio podcasts.

• Audio podcasts are not MP3 anymore, they are now MP4 audio which isn't compatible with some car stereos.

• @Jeff Maher Yup you are correct. I forgot the audio podcast is an MP4.