Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
Options

Video freezing on Macbook Pro 16 inches

edited May 2020 in General Q&A

Hello,

I have been getting the error below on a brand new MacBook Pro 16 inches each time I record a session. The camera freezes and the error pops up. It happens at random times. I did several tests and it could happen in 5 minutes or in 45 minutes, but it always happens. If I click on "Try Again" nothing happens. If I wait, after about 20 minutes the video comes back and if I click try again it is good. Unfortunately, this is very inconvenient and have destroyed some of my sessions.

I have to add that I have recorded sessions in two other macs (an older MacBook Pro and an iMac) and this error never shows up. I am wondering if anyone knows why this could be happening. By the way, every other app in this MacBook 16 works perfectly fine, I just have this Panopto issue.

Thanks!

Carlos

PS: I am running Version 7.2.0 (7.2.0.37703), which is the latest available for UCCS

Best Answer

• Options
    Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator
    Answer ✓

Hi Carlos,

This would be an issue for our Support team. I will reach out to your local Panopto administrator and our Support team on your behalf - please keep an eye out for future correspondence regarding this matter.

Best wishes,

Cait

Answers

• Options

Hi,

This issue is also happening on my MacBook Air. I have asked the IT Helpdesk at my institution and have not received a solution.

Kelly