Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Is it possible to have an already scheduled recording as a Webcast?

Have scheduled a recording and after scheduling someone comes up and wants it available as webcast, too.

Is that possible or do I have to reschedule the whole recording?

Answers

• Hi @Jens Rimbach,

This is not currently an option; therefore, you will need to delete the scheduled recording and reschedule a new one and opt to have it webcast.

That said, this would be a great Feature Request - I recommend submitting it here for consideration: New Feature Request.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Hi @Cait McCabe !

Actually there is this option - found it with help of my CSA. You can mark or unmark the option after the recording is scheduled with editing the Scheduled recording (see picture) - although i was sure it wasn't there before when I looked for it...

Thanks,

Jens

• Thanks for that tip Jen! I looked at this again, and it is a “hidden” (ie. non-intuitive) area. I would have expected the webcast option to have been toggleable in the Session Information area when I edited the schedule. I found your screenshot by editing the scheduled recording, then in the Overview area, scroll down to the “Scheduled Recording” area, and click “Edit,” then adjust the webcast setting there.