Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.
At Panopto, we love how committed our customers are to making Panopto a better product - please feel free to share your feature ideas or vote on existing ideas in this category!

Before submitting a feature request, make sure to read our Guidelines & Expectations post

Once your idea is submitted, it will be marked as 'Tracked' when added to our internal feature requests system.

Bulk Copy function via API

A Copy function via the API would be very useful. Our approach for COVID-19 has been to copy sessions from last year's module (course) into this year's module (course) and then leave tutors (instructors) to decide how to use the previously recorded sessions. This was our quickest and easiest response at extremely short notice.

Tagged:
12 votes

Tracking · Last Updated

Comments

• Any update on this?

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Richard Goodman We are still considering this one for the future, but there is not an ETA that I can provide.

• To resurface and re-emphasize @Richard Goodman request, the lack of session-copy functionality via the API continues to be a major pain point for our team. Having to consistently copy sessions manually creates significant inefficiencies for us — we wouldn't be on the fence about renewing with Panopto if not for this issue. Please reconsider this feature request and provide an update on plans / ETA for implementation as soon as possible. Thank you! @Kathryn

• KathrynKathryn Administrator

@Matthew Bolanos Thanks for your feedback, Matthew! I don't have an additional update at this time, but I looped in your account team on this concern.