Welcome to the Panopto Community

Please note: All new registrants to the Panopto Community Forum must be approved by a forum moderator or admin. As such, if you navigate to a feature that is members-only, you may receive an error page if your registration has not yet been approved. We apologize for any inconvenience and are approving new members as quickly as possible.

Videos taking too long to load

I am trying to go into the Panopto videos and edit some of the quiz settings. However, the videos are taking an unusually long time to load. I haven't edited the videos in a while, may be a year - were they "archived" and therefore there is a delay in loading them for editing? Or is it something else?

Answers

• Caitlin McCabeCaitlin McCabe Administrator

Hi @Abhijit Sarkar,

If you were able to select the Edit button, and you are seeing the following "Getting your video ready for editing" window, it's possible that your videos were moved to cold storage. The time it takes to retrieve data from cold storage varies based on the file size, but we typically expect this process to take between 1 and 10 minutes. You can learn more about the restoration process in our article, Learn About Media Storage Optimization and Restoration.

If the videos were archived, they will appear in the video library with a file box icon over their thumbnail image and a "Restore from Archive" button. If this was the case, and you selected this, video restoration may take up to 48 hours - but the video will show an estimated time until availability in the library. Learn more about this in our article, How to Restore Archived Content.

If neither of the above options match what you are experiencing, or if you are experiencing a significant delay beyond what's referenced, please let me know and I'll submit a Support ticket on your behalf.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask - we're always happy to help!

Best wishes,

Cait

• Thanks for the clarification.